-=PCTechTalk=- Re: ISO

  • From: "Glenn Folkvord" <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:23:33 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "ukonline" <ted.clark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> how does one make use of ISO ?  where do I go to get a simple explanation
> of what it is that I am trying to use and understand how to get started
> with this, what appears to be a new file type ?

An ISO file is, as you probably know, a container file which has many
different files (usually) inside it. It's a little like a zipfile, except
the data is not compressed. To use an ISO file, you need a burning software
like Nero (or any other burning software that recognise ISO files, also
called image files) and ask the program to burn the ISO. Once burned on the
disc, you will have a perfect clone of what was inside the ISO.

Your computer does not need to automatically recognise an ISO file as long
as you have Nero or some other program to load the file into and burn. Just
dont burn it as a data file, you must use the menu command called "Burn
image" or something similar.

glenn