-=PCTechTalk=- Re: High Speed Internet Connection

  • From: "Lilian" <lilian.oswaldocruz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:28:35 -0300

I have something better I think!  My cell-phone company now provides
internet access through a tiny USB connected modem which has a cellphone
chip inserted in it.  They call it 3G technology, whatever that is.  My
speed oscillates between 400 and 800 kbps which is wonderful taking into
account that before, the highest it went was 24kbps...  The other great
thing is that being a USB connection I can switch it between desk top
computers in a second, and take it with me on the laptop when I travel.  I
don´t know about the whole wide world... but on the whole of the country it
will access the net.

Being in Brazil, I have no idea what the scene is in USA... But the link
below should give you some idea:

http://www.bbwexchange.com/wireless_internet_access_providers/

Lil