-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Hard Drive Recommendations

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 22:33:53 -0700

When in doubt...call them!
If you cannot find a number on their website.... write to their sales and
support staffs and ask the questions.

It has been a while since I have put a drive in the case as it was very
specifically excluded from the warranty.

I just looked at the Seagate site and could not find a way to contact them.

I will tell you I had a desktop/internal hard drive that was in a external
drive case we had purchased.
It died.  When I went to put in for the warranty on it....(I do not remember
the brand at the moment..It would probably have been Seagate or Maxtor
(which is not owned by Seagate), there was specific information, I do not
remember if it was on the website during the request for warranty work, or
if they actually asked me, but it was there.
Clear as can be.  Did you use this in an external case?  It then said the
warranty did not covered that, after all, they sell external drives...lol!
To be honest,  you can get at least an external 160 Gb for about $80 or
so... I know you have the case, we have two in the closet now...I think...
unless we gave them away...

I will try to call tomorrow and find out....
hugs,
Rose