-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HD Companies slight drift OT

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:49:51 -0400

Thanks Andy. Yea, I agree there, that we get hit in bunches. Hard drives just
don't seem to like me.
=(
---Troth

  From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  > LOL then I always knock on my forehead!!
  > I've had 2 computers with power supplies that went - current one and the
  old e-machine - that basically burned the computer - we were able to salvage
  the hard drive though. It wasn't the original e-machine hard drive  - my son
  is still using it in his computer. I think it is a Maxtor - and the one I
  use now is a Maxtor - Of course, like Rick says - now, I'll be waiting for
  it to die!!
  > and I am just a novice - buy the one on sale that I can afford. Back then,
  I didn't even realize that hard drives had speeds....

  It seems to me that we all have something with our PC's which tends to
  afflict us in bunches that doesn't happen to other people. Mine seems to be
  Modems failing on me...I must have gone through 5 or 6 modems in a couple of
  years-and all on my home PC's, not the one in my office.

  Then you come across machines that are just jinxed. My friend has one of
  those...He's not that tecchie, and I help him out whenever I can-and even
  the simplest task often turns into a major trauma. Recently, he bought a CD
  writer and asked me to install it for him..I put the drive in, all went
  fine..came to install the software- software I've installed countless times
  on my own systems..and it threw the whole of the machine into a hissy fit
  which took HOURS to fully sort out.

  I'm convinced there are little men sat in his PC  looking at me and going
  'Right, let's screw around with this idiot's mind' every time I approach his
  PC.

  Cheers

  Andy