-=PCTechTalk=- Re: GOING IN CIRCLES

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:51:07 -0400

this is true! and we all have different 'needs'. My big thing on the computer
for years was OE stationery. I dont' make it anymore,
but I do receive it still from friends. I enjoy it (I know, there are some
security risks with html) - but it is worth it to me. As you said, there will be
different 'quirks' and problems with all of the different programs. The thing I
wish would happen would be for more e-mail clients to 'get along' better with
others! like - html - not necessarily stationery, but even e-mails - that seem
regular to me, can't be viewed by other e-mail clients. I get emails in
sometimes - and I don't know what program the original sender used - my mom
sends them to me as an attachment - and they come in with a .email extension. In
order for me to view them, I need to save it and change the extension to .eml -
some sort of - I guess it would be - standardization, would be nice - Maybe if
AOL does in fact change their format to be more like OE now that they won the
lawsuit to be allowed to do that, other clients will do the same. I don't see
microsoft changing the way their clients work. Even though they are putting
things in place which will at some point eliminate being able to use stationery
in OE. Like their patches which prevent people from viewing EOT fonts now, and
seeing more than one embedded image -
CrisS