-=PCTechTalk=- Re: GMan

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:44:16 -0400

Yes, I'd be glad to clear that up.  I was the one who suggested that you join
this list, as I had joined yours <G>

There are some grey areas.  Yours is one, Linda's is another.  I personally,
and I believe the rest of the Mods concur, have no problem with your signature,
nor Linda's.  I have never seen you "promote" your business -- in fact I didn't
know you were "in the business" until I went to your website out of curiosity.
The issue is not cut and dried, each individual situation has to be taken into
consideration.  Your signature doesn't bother me a bit.  The signature of
another that promoted hacking and warez did not meet our collective criteria
and the issue was dealt with -- list members didn't even know it happened and
that's the way I like it.  For the most part, what we do about signatures (or
any other problem) never hits anyone's radar screen as it's most often done
with respect and privacy.  It just happens that several issues came up at once
here and things got out of hand.

Let me give an example, though, of what would not be acceptable.  If you (and
you never have) answered each question on the list with "if you go to my
website (see the URL shown in my signature) I will give you the answer because
I'm a computer builder and I do this for a living" - if that occurred, you'd be
"dealt with" <chuckle>

Bottom line, I respect what you do, and I hope you will continue to contribute
as you have.  You are more than welcome here.

Have I helped make this clearer kids?  <G>

  Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",

   Master NetLord
         ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Tuesday
08/13/2002
9:31:39 PM

Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.