-=PCTechTalk=- Re: GMan

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:34:44 -0400

Peter,

The resolution may or may not be made public.  The outcome should NOT in any
way affect your ability to post to this list.  The issue wasn't about your
posts, and the outcome will not affect you.

To be clear for everyone, the rule concerning posting, or using signatures
about other sites and lists, is that we do not allow posts that are SPAM.  SPAM
is thought to be information that is not directly related to computer and
software information, concerns hacking or other non-legal or unethical
behaviour, or that promotes computer or software services for profit.
Additionally, posts or signatures of political or religious nature are frowned
upon as this list is extremely diverse with regard to religion, nationality,
ethnic origin, etc.  Our mission is to inform and support people with computer
and software questions........not be a sounding board for other agendas.

The final judgement of the suitability is left to the moderators, and
ostensibly to the Owner of the list.  We do not moderate posts on this list --
when something catches our attention that we feel is not in the best interest
of the list, we will act quickly and quietly.   Sometimes the warning will be
public so others understand the issue -- and will be done with as much respect
as possible.  Most times it will be taken care of off-list.  In 99 cases out of
a hundred, you will NOT be told of the issue or it's outcome.  That preserves
the respect of the individuals concerned, and insures flame wars are not the
norm here.   It is the job of the moderators here to run the day-to-day
activities of the list.  The fewer problems you see, and the quicker they are
taken care of, the more reason to believe we are doing our job and not eating
too many chocolate Bon-Bons.  We try to earn our pay!

  Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",

   Master NetLord
         ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Tuesday
08/13/2002
3:11:29 PM

As a cure for worrying, work is better than whiskey.

-- Thomas A. Edison