-=PCTechTalk=- Re: [Fwd: Partitioning]

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:38:59 -0400

The name of the file is usually 'Registry'.  It's possible to mount and read
sections of it, but it's not exactly a walk in the park.

I suspect the software that's trying to install has something to do with a
piece of hardware that has been 'rediscovered' after the partition juggling.
The hardware is calling its software, but Windows somehow lost track of the
connection between them.  It may be in your favor to consider using a boot
disk that has the ability to access and use Restore Points within the OS
that's giving you fits.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php