-=PCTechTalk=- Re: File Transfers

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 16:46:11 -0700

Judith,

I just checked what the lead is, and it is a laplink type lead,
so it will allow you to transfer files from one machine to
another.  I am not sure if you willneed laplink or some other
software that comes with it(???).
______________
Opened up the cable packaging and it comes with a CD which says
it's for my two different OS -- Win 98 and XP.

<snip>
I would hope and trust it will work and allow you to see the
other computer using Network Neighbourhood, or My network
Places, depending on your OS.
________________
Now I have no clue where those two places are so hopefully the
manual they say is included will tell me this; otherwise, yes I
will need help on this.

<snip>
good luck,
Trevnal
Thanks and if I screw up -- I know someone will help me on this
list (big smile here).

Judith