-=PCTechTalk=- my computer system - partitions

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 14:28:45 -0400

I have on my computer,
1 80 gb hard drive.
It is partitioned into 3 sections.
C is    9.75 gb  (3.03 free)
G is  31.2 gb   (10.4 gb free)
H is   33.5 gb  ( 3.48 gb free)
(doesn't really total the 80 gb)
plus, I have
F which is a separate hard drive that has 18.6 gb.
The F drive is full and holds my WinME operating system that I had to keep in
order to keep my Dell warrenty. I can't boot to it, can't uninstall anything -
but if there was information stored on there (which there isn't), I could move
it around. It would be there if I needed to hook it up - like I said, for
warrenty purposes.

My C drive has my operating system on it.
My G drive has my program files on it - and other things. Parts of all the
program files, also go onto my C drive.
My H is pretty much storage.

My C drive is overflowing - There really isn't much that I can remove from
there. I barely keep it at the 2 gb free space to keep the operating system
wanting to operate.

My question -
Is there a way to re-partition existing drives with information on them to give
that C drive more space? or do I need to start from scratch and totally start
over? I am very much a novice at this. My son partitioned the drives
originally - and if it is possible to be done, I believe, with your direction,
he could do it. My dell warrenty expires in October, so at that point, I can get
rid of that windows ME operating system on there, and use that drive if
necessary.

Thanks for any input you have!!

CrisS