-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Epson 640 Printer

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 15:38:14 -0400

I've only ever had HP printer's - so can't help with the wire bit.
and probably won't help, but my oldest one started to act up
with the paper feed - and I took the lids off and cleaned the rollers -
I think with alchohol ? I looked it up on line a the time - They would just
spin
and not pick up the paper, then I'd get the error that there was no paper.
One of my newer printers (one I bought for my son for college that I inherrited
back
when he dropped out) kept throwing ink errors. The more sophisticated they get,
the
more frustrating! I put new ink in - still threw errors. So we swapped
printers. Took the same ink -
turned out, the new ink cartrige was bad. Store exchanged it and away I went! I
never put the other printer back on though. kept the old one. But - I still
would get a message every time I booted the computer that the printer was out
of ink!! I figured out how to take that out of my start up menu, so I don't get
the error - but even thought the printer is un-installed, there are enough bits
and pieces left
on here for it to cause those problems.

This discussion has been a great one! I hope you get your problem fixed! I know
I learned
a lot from it.
Thanks to everyone who is out there who are so generous with their time to
help!!
CrisS