-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Epson 640 Printer

  • From: "SandiBeach" <SandiBeach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 16:43:17 -0500

Thank you all for your help with this.  I used compressed air to try to
clean the area where I presumed the sensor to be and also took swabs with
alcohol and cleaned that area.  Then I went to the trouble shooting section
of the Epson Manual, ran the test there, and determined it is indeed a
problem with the Printer.  Since it is old and was inexpensive to begin with
I have relegated it to the trash heap.  Before doing that I followed Troths
directions to remove it out of the printer folder, ran regclean, ran cleanup
and now I am done with it.  It has served it's time and it did a fine job
for the jobs I wanted it to perform.  And I learned from this experience so
all is not lost.
Thanks again.
Sandi