-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Epson 640 Printer

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:31:55 -0400

To remove a printer, you wouldn't go to ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS. You need to go,
like you asked, to MY COMPUTER > PRINTERS. Make sure the printer is off, then
delete it from the list. Then, restart the computer with the printer off. After
the computer restarts, turn the printer back on. Then go back to MY COMPUTER >
PRINTERS and ADD PRINTER (or the alternate way would be to just stick the CD
that came with that old printer into the drive and have it start automatically).
What I would suggest, however, is to see if you can get an updated driver for
that printer from their site. Then, do the ADD PRINTER and use the new drivers
for it.

..::[ Sir Troth ]::..
ICQ: 1717439
AIM: SirTrothX