-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Dire Need of Help

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:24:00 -0400

"If you connect a different computer to the same router(s) does it =
suffer
the=20
same problem?"

A. I currently have 4 computers already on this router... one is wired, =
the
others are all wireless. Of all the wireless, 2 are laptops and 1 is a
desktop.

"Does the problem exist at the customers location and in your shop or =
some=20
other location?  Or exist using DSL but not cable access?"

A. It happens in the customer's house under CABLE, and in my shop under
FIBER.

"I'm thinking a possible ISP problem (bad wiring, bad signal) or some =
form
of=20
interference that affects both wire and wireless operation.  If the =
problem=20
exists in two disparate locations it could help isolate the cause."

A. Its not the ISP cause it only happens on this computer (which was the
reason it was given to me). Other computers on the same router, and =
other
computers using the same wireless USB wireless adapter, works fine. I've
pretty much completely eliminated the possibility of being =
hardware-related.
Even the wireless adapter... I've tried the onboard one, as well as my =
own
external USB one. Its definitely has to be software related. Wondering =
if
maybe this guy had some nasty virus or adware/spyware before he gave it =
me that completely messed up the TCP stack when the virus was removed. =
As
far as now goes, there's no virus, adware or spyware anywhere on this
system.

"I don't know where to go from here.  I hope I have provoked a thought =
or=20
idea that helps find the solution."

A. Thank you for trying. That's all we can ask for... trying to get the
minds rolling in the right direction. Thank you.

~ SirTroth
~ ICQ: 1717439
~ YAHOO: SirTroth
~ SKYPE: SirTroth
~ XFIRE: SirTroth
~ AIM/AOL: SirTrothX
~ http://ut2004.sirtroth.com
~ MSN: SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx (For MSN Chat)

=A0

The problem exists using either the Motorola router or a different one =
the=20
customer has.  That suggests the router by itself is not the problem.

If you connect a different computer to the same router(s) does it suffer =
the

same problem?

Does the problem exist at the customers location and in your shop or =
some=20
other location?  Or exist using DSL but not cable access?

I'm thinking a possible ISP problem (bad wiring, bad signal) or some =
form of

interference that affects both wire and wireless operation.  If the =
problem=20
exists in two disparate locations it could help isolate the cause.

I don't know where to go from here.  I hope I have provoked a thought or =

idea that helps find the solution.

Don

----- Original Message -----=20