-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Dire Need of Help

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:23:23 -0400

This is similar to problems I had with my Linksys wireless router.  The
system would indicate a good connection to the router but the internet
connection could not be found.

If any of the network gear you are working with is Linksys try uninstalling
everything Linksys and then re-installing the latest and greatest driver
ONLY.  No extra software such as network monitoring software.

Use only Windows and the driver(s) to establish your connections.

Updating the router firmware might help also.

Its really wierd when some stuff can connect to the internet and other stuff
can't.  I assume it is because some software bypasses certain system or
network stuff and uses its own built in stuff.

Don