-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Desktop

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 07:38:51 -0400

As I said before,   "The first eight items on that menu should be
grayed out".    "The next item after those is HIDE DESKTOP ICONS.
If it does not work for you, your XP has been modified (maybe by
TweakUI or similar add-on) . . . . "

It might even be possible that the copy of XP you have is a pirated
or otherwise corrupted copy.

I have two computers running XP Home and one running XP Pro.  It
works just fine and exactly as I described on all three computers.

From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:01:18 -0400

If you are using either XP Home or XP Pro my instructions will work.
If it does not work for you, your XP has been modified (maybe by
TweakUI or similar add-on) or you are doing something wrong.  Be
sure the spot that you are RIGHT clicking on is an EMPTY spot on the
desktop and not on an icon.  The context menu that pops up will have
ARRANGE ICONS BY as the very top item listed.   Mouse over that
option and a new context menu will appear.  The first eight items on
that menu should be grayed out.  The next item after those is HIDE
DESKTOP ICONS.  Left click on that option. Don