-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DAZ Studio & shut down

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 13:20:43 -0700

Need to replace all.  And I don't think $153.97 is
expensive for 4 GBs

When I get the Windows 7, I'll probably be giving this
computer away so I want the memory to last.  Grandsons
have my old HP.

Judith

Thanks a ton for supplying our previous conversation on
this.    :)

In that conversation, I suggested that you bring your
system up to 2GB using
a dual channel kit.  Did you do that, then?

If you did, your best bet would be to buy a second set of
the exact same
memory you currently have (assuming availability) in order
to keep the
entire collection of memory sticks the same.  If you did
NOT do that back
then, you are likely still running less than 2GB and
should seriously
consider replacing ALL of the current memory with two sets
of matched pairs
of the same make/model (whatever make/model you settle on,
and we can
discuss this part further if you'd like).

DDR memory is now more expensive than it was when I first
suggested those
sets.  It has also been surpassed by newer types (DDR2 &
DDR3)   So, if you
need to replace all of your memory to get the full
benefits of dual channel,
I will recommend something a bit less high end that
carries a smaller price
tag.  They will still do all you need, but they will be
less likely to last
as long (not so important once you get a Windows 7 system
and retire the
current system to more mundane tasks)

Peace,
Gman