-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Boot Diskette Question

  • From: "Ange" <locustchewed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:31:37 +0100

Sorry Troth I didn't make myself very clear.  I was talking about if you
can't actually boot into XP and so cannot access "cmd".

When I've previously tried to access DOS on XP using a Win98 disk (above
scenario) it just came up with "wrong version of DOS" or something similar ~
it was a while ago.

Ange
Faith_unlimited
Locustchewed ...under restoration!!¿!!
http://www.geocities.com/locustchewed/outanabout.html

~~~~~The Chewy Reply Separator~~~~~

You can go to START > RUN > type in 'cmd' without the quotes and that'll =
get you to the DOS prompt. While not true DOS, you can do many of the =
same tasks. So, really depends on what you need to do. The BETTER way is =
to get a Win98 Startup Disk and use that. And, with that Win98 Startup =
Disk, you add a few extra commands that can come in of use (ie. =
SMARTDRIVE, DELTREE, etc).
Sir Troth
ICQ #1717439
AIM/AOL: SirTrothX