-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Belkin 4 port DSL router

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:50:11 -0400

Did I hear my name being called?
Actually, I offered detailed router instructions on the LINKSYS, since that's
the one I use. BUT, the BELKIN brand should be somewhat similar.

You said you have DSL. Do you need to sign in with a name/password everytime
you want to log in with DSL? Hint to that would be if you use a program like
WinPoET, or something similar, that makes your DSL connection look like a
dialup connection.

If you do NOT use a name/pass to access DSL everytime you restart your
computer, then on the router setup you shouldn't be putting anything in there
at all for that info.

Also... what model router is it you have there?

---Troth