-=PCTechTalk=- Belkin 4 port DSL router

  • From: Arthur Cross <wychwood1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 22:54:18 -0400

I purchased the subject router to connect my new computer to my old
computer to transfer some of the files and programs to my new computer
one at a time and to gain the firewall capabilities of a router. I have
followed all of the installation instructions over and over but cannot
get past the screen where you enter your ISP user name and password. The
software just stalls at that screen and won't go any further. I have
talked to Belkin tech support and my DSL (Verizon) tech support and one
tells me to call the other.  (-:  Anybody got any ideas?  BTW I have Win
XP
on my new computer and Win 98 on my old one.
TIA
Red

PS - Someone named Troth offered detailed router instructions to
Spider_hotpop on July23 which is where I originally heard about this
group.