-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Belkin 4 port DSL router

  • From: Redoutback Redoutback <wychwood1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:27:16 -0400

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:50:31 -0400 "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> You should be looking in the Belkin's setup screen for an option
> regarding PPPoE. I think to access your settings, you should be
> typing in http://192.168.1.1 in a browser window. Once in, look at
> the settings, and try to find PPPoE settings. Then, make sure the
> correct name/pass is in there. I know this sounds all obvious, and
> you probably already tried this. But, just re-emphasizing before
> going any further.
> Also, make sure you power down both the router, modem and computer.
> Then, just power up the modem and router. Wait awhile, and after all
> the lights on the modem and router seem to have settled, THEN
> restart the computer.
>
> Make sure, also, that nothing got screwed up in the process of
> trying to get all this to work. See if you can still get a
> connection WITHOUT the router.
>
> ---Troth
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Troth,
Thanks for your response.
I tried once more,  following your suggestion of shutting down the puter
'til all Modem and Router lights were up to speed.
I got the same results I had gotten previously when I try to connect to
my DSL. IE, I get the popup box which says, "CONNECTING THRU WAN MINIPORT
PPPOE"  -  THEN - another popup which says, "OPENING PORT"  Error 678.
The remote computer is not responding..
This is frustrating.
Red
PS - I did disable both my Norton personal firewall and the Win XP
firewall before I tried the installation.