-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Backing Up

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:43:24 -0700

Hi Sandi,
I keep the old copy of the back-up.
I always have a new copy and the last one saved.

I do not replace the old one.
I wait until the time to create an new backup and
delete the second last one.
For instance:
I have 2 backups
Feb created Feb 1
Jan created Jan 1

On March first I delete Jan and create a new one
March created March 1

I do my backups manually and have not tried setting
the auto backup features.
IHTH

Mike the mod
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 3/17/2007 at 4:01 PM Sandi Beach wrote:

Mike, you say you do a full backup each time.  Can you tell me if that
replaces the one you did before?  Or if Acronis allows you to configure it
so it will do that.  My backup will go directly to my Maxtor External HD
each time I do it.
I have registered on the Forum so hope to gather up a lot of user
information from there.  The first post I looked at was a complaint about
having to manually delete previous backups and he is using vs. 10 so I am a=

bit concerned that this won't be as convenient as I had hoped.
Sandi