-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Backing Up

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 18:11:02 -0400

Sandi,
    Of everything you've said on this subject so far, the statement that
you're having 'great fun' with it is the one that really jumps out at me.
Having recent backups of the stuff you'd hate to lose is one of the most
important things you can do for your system and your own peace of mind, yet
so many view it as a chore to be despised and often put off until it's too
late.  Perosnally, I thoroughly enjoy the rummaging, especially when I find
things I thought I had lost long ago.  I also sleep REAL well at night
knowing it would take a heck of a lot more than a hard drive crash to cause
me to lose my most important stuff.

    For the rest of my reply, you'll find it interspersed below.

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org