-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Audio CD transfer

  • From: "Andy" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 12:20:06 +0100

If you have the latest Windows Media Player installed, that can do it for
you-press file then copy, then copy from audio CD and it will bring up the
tracks on your CD-make sure all the boxes are ticked and then hit the copy
button-by default, it puts the tracks into your 'My Music' folder . It also
saves it in Windows own .wma format, similar to mp3, but makes smaller
files-The standard setting will use about 30mb for a full CD's worth of
music.

Plenty of other  ways of doing it, too, but this is the simplest if it's
just for listening pleasure

A program like Audio Catalyst can do both operations for you in one go-I
think you can still download a free evaluation copy of the web for it. THere
are plenty of others that will do it too, just do a search for 'CD Rippers'
on a downloads site. I personally use Exact Audio Copy (EAC) which is also
available for free.

Cheers

Andsy