-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Another Computer Shopping Questions

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:05:25 -0400

LOL but watch out when they catch fire!!! They don't smell so good !! And then
they won't run!
Seriously - that is what happened to my e-machine. I was told it's a good bang
for the buck because the parts are not necessarily quality parts. It was a god
send to me though when I bought it because it was what I could afford, and it
got the job done. The stores I talked to about repairing them all said they are
pretty much throw away machines, and you can expect to get about a year out of
them.

I'm sure those of you here know a lot more than I do about the technical issues
though, and I had mine probably 3-4 years ago, because the one I have now is
going on 3 years old. They may have changed since then, as most products do.
Take the insurance out on it if you buy it. My homeowners actually kicked in on
mine because my hard drive didn't fail (and I have complete replacement
coverage)- it was the wiring and power supply. It wasn't even turned on when it
burned. They said it was possible a power surge went thru it and even thru the
surge protector (another thing that enabled me to get help from my homeowners).
CrisS