-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Acronis Secure Zone question.

  • From: RMB White <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:24:16 +1200

GMan!

Very many thanks again for your prompt reply.

I am now able to understand the situation a little better, but will spend a
couple of days working slowly thru the review/preview website you recommend;
and come back if I still need more help.

Thanks again,

Roger W

On 16/06/2009 6:42 a.m., Gman wrote: Roger, The following is from the
Acronissite and is a snippet from an interview where Acronis explains the
Secure Zone a little. It doesn't answer your question, but the info seemed
important enough to include here. "The Acronis Secure Zone is simply a FAT
partition that only Acronis can read. The FAT partition that we create; at
minimum we take used space from a local disk. At minimum, it has to be about
34 Meg and that's just so that you can boot to that partition. You hit f11,
you pop in a password and it emulates our recovery environment. You can also
save images, directly to that password protected, encoded partition. So, you
can save images there." The Zone's partition is formatted as FAT32 primarily
so that it can serve as a directly bootable partition, but it is well aware
of how to handle NTFS. As for your actual query, the following is a
review/preview that provides step by step directions with screenshots on how
to perform various operations with True Image Home version 10. Part 6
focuseson backup restorations, but I highly recommend going through all of
the other parts, as well.
http://www.acronis.com/company/inpress/2007/03-15-boot-loader-1.html[1] OR
http://tinyurl.com/n4ffst[2] Peace, Gman
http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php[3] "The only dumb questions are the
ones we fail to ask" ----- Original Message ----- From: "RMB White"
<roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>[4] To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[5] Sent: Monday, June
15, 2009 5:52 AM Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Acronis Secure Zone question.
Gman ! Delighted to hear your dulcet tones again; and thanks for your reply.
I feel comforted by your reply, even though I have NO hope of understanding
it; my brain does not operate in your stratosphere. Just to give me final
confidence, are you saying that an Acronis Backup written to FAT32 can be
restored SEAMLESSLY to it's original NTFS situation (AND to any other NTFS
situation) without corruption, or complication?? Roger W
separate PCTableTalk off-topic group, send a blank email to:
pctabletalk+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[12]
8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.60/2166 - Release Date: 06/09/09 18:08:00

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.acronis.com/company/inpress/2007/03-15-boot-loader-1.html
   2 http://tinyurl.com/n4ffst
   3 http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php