-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Acronis Secure Zone question.

  • From: RMB White <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:52:56 +1200

 Gman !
Delighted to hear your dulcet tones again; and thanks for your reply.

I feel comforted by your reply, even though I have NO hope of understanding
it; my brain does not operate in your stratosphere.

Just to give me final confidence, are you saying that an Acronis Backup
written to FAT32 can be restored SEAMLESSLY to it's original NTFS situation
(AND to any other NTFS situation) without corruption, or complication??

Roger W

On 14/06/2009 4:02 p.m., Gman wrote: Hello Roger!!! I was beginning to think
you had jumped ship on us. It's necessary for FAT32 to be used for the
securezone so that it can be accessed from outside of Windows (pseudo-DOS).
If it were set to NTFS, the energency boot disk would not have a chance at
finding it. If you even have need to restore the backup, it will not have
anyproblem saving it to the correct location using its native NTFS. Peace,
Gman http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php[1] "The only dumb questions
arethe ones we fail to ask" ----- Original Message ----- From: "R. M. B.
White" <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>[2] To: "pc techtalk"
<pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[3]Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 10:36 PM Subject:
-=PCTechTalk=- Acronis Secure Zone question. Having created a Secure Zone, I
found it was a FAT32, whereas the rest of my Partitions are NTFS. I tried to
change it by "Acronis Disk Director> rt click the Secure Zone
partition>Advanced>change type> an X in a red circle appeared to stop me. If
I ignored this and clicked on NTFS,HPFS I received dire warnings; so aborted
the attempt. Question please ! Having created a backup in the Secure Zone
(inFAT32) will I be able to Restore it to it's original location (which will
be in an NTFS partition) ?? All advice will be gratefully received. Roger W
separate PCTableTalk off-topic group, send a blank email to:
pctabletalk+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[10]
8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.60/2166 - Release Date: 06/09/09 18:08:00

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php
   2 mailto:roguer@xxxxxxxxxx
   3 mailto:pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx