-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Acronis Secure Zone question.

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:42:36 -0400

Roger,
    The following is from the Acronis site and is a snippet from an
interview where Acronis explains the Secure Zone a little.  It doesn't
answer your question, but the info seemed important enough to include here.

"The Acronis Secure Zone is simply a FAT partition that only Acronis can
read. The FAT partition that we create; at minimum we take used space from a
local disk. At minimum, it has to be about 34 Meg and that's just so that
you can boot to that partition. You hit f11, you pop in a password and it
emulates our recovery environment. You can also save images, directly to
that password protected, encoded partition. So, you can save images there."

    The Zone's partition is formatted as FAT32 primarily so that it can
serve as a directly bootable partition, but it is well aware of how to
handle NTFS.

    As for your actual query, the following is a review/preview that
provides step by step directions with screenshots on how to perform various
operations with True Image Home version 10.  Part 6 focuses on backup
restorations, but I highly recommend going through all of the other parts,
as well.

http://www.acronis.com/company/inpress/2007/03-15-boot-loader-1.html
OR
http://tinyurl.com/n4ffst