-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG ?

  • From: bob & candace <thedeecks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 07:56:37 -0800 (PST)

Hello group,could use some help.....having trouble figuring out how to remove
virus's,i run AVG 7.0,since downloading it about a week ago im not getting the
same option on removal &sending them to virus vault,so i took your advice and
installed A2 ,since running that my AVG says there is only 1 virus(trojan horse
downloader.dyfica.bn)
it says it is an embedded object,before using A2 it said there were 8 virus's
(6- java byte/
verify&2 download dialers dyfica.bn & dialer.10.D....
Another related question i have  is about downloading SP2,do most of the
experts think it is needed?with everything ive been reading about and everyones
postings with the problems they have had after installing SP2 im hesitent to
download it,my system runs XP home edition,,any advice on either subject would
be appreciated,, thank you

                         Bob
Cris <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A2 also removes trojans - I think....
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Cris
From: Don Briggs

Hi,
my AVG found 2 infections, how do I get rid of them? I
have=20
the free
version.
Trojan Horse Downloader.Turown.C