-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG ?

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:07:03 -0500

this is interesting - I searched panda's site for the one it
found, and it isn't even listed in their virus
encyclopedia!! When it found it, panda didn't direct you to
a page with instructions on how to get rid of it?

symantec also has a free scan on their pages. You could try
that. And I see someone recommended TREND.
I'd also run anti-spyware programs while you're at it.

Ok - I did a google search. There is an article there from
panda. It says it is a varient of the Sasser virus. It says
panda has a repair tool for it. It says to run their scan,
then it tells you about the tool. Didn't it? It also says to
run windows update to prevent your system from getting the
virus. Sheese - but it sure is confusing. When I look on
panda's web pages, I can find this downloaderL - which is
what you have - but it isn't listed under sasser, and I
can't find the tool for it.
this is it:

http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/encyclopedia/overview.aspx?idvirus=42511&sind%20=0%20

here is an interesting page. It has some scans listed on the
left side - Ok - go about half way down the page. You'll
come to DOWNLOADER.L REMOVER
See if it helps you. Let me know. I'll do some more
searching.

Cris