-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 20:48:57 -0400

Ahhh, I had not anticipated anyone using any version of Win9x, other than
for maybe much older games (I have an older system set up without any
internet connection that I use for this purpose).  MS stopped producing
security updates for 98 long ago, so a system that out of date really
shouldn't be taken online these days.

Well, I do know that AVG7.5 still had support for Win98 SE and that 8.x is a
nearly complete redesign which will no longer run on the older OS.  Of
course, you've already discovered that for yourself.  I'll have to do some
research to see what else could run on 98, but I'm afraid the pickings will
likely be slim at best.  Babydoll has decided that we need to get out of the
house for a bit, so we're heading to the movies in a little while.  I'll see
what I can find for you when we get back.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php