-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 2 two line phones (was What is ISP?)

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 15:05:05 -0700

Is your wife's office already wired for telephone service?
Is it wired for telephone service with the same phone number as the house?
If so, then the answer is in the box that the regular phone companies hook
up to.

If you unplug the connection in that box, that would close the loop, so to
speak, and Vonage would be available at every phone jack where the regular
telephone service was available.

As a side note, when we disconnected that plug, we put a note in the box and
on the router...so that we would remember, if we ever got rid of Vonage..or
sold the house...that someone would know to check the box and plug that back
in.

Not sure if this helps...but we have phones all over the house (even the
bathrooms.... -  I personally feel they are essential there.  So many
accidents happen getting in or out of the shower/tub and if you are home
alone... .. well, I guess I just believe in rather safe than sorry.  I
started this practice when I became a widow 15 yrs ago..and I decided I was
going to be independent and not fell I HAD to have someone live with me.)

All our phones work fine.
Rose
Las Vegas