-=PCTechTalk=- Question

  • From: "Ann Roberts" <annrob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:59:33 -0500

Yesterday a power surge took my protector and my external hard drive with
it...The on light comes on but no computer recognizes it...anybody got any
suggestions how to try to salvage the data that was on the
drive...fortunately, I had a back-up of most of the stuff but a few things
and would like to get it all off if possible...It is a Maxtor 80gig
drive...any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Ann