-=PCTechTalk=- Re: pctechtalk Digest V6 #104

  • From: "Paula" <biggmamma5@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:11:42 -0400

Hi GMan, My OS is WinXP Media Ctr. Edition 2005.
We did not add a separate sound card & don't know what device drivers the tech.
d/loaded when he was here.
Thank you for the link .. I bookmarked it as you suggested. ...Paula
************************
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: I need help again
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:04:44 -0400
From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Paula,
I'm so sorry to hear that it crashed.  That's never an easy situation.

Different audio drivers are available for your tower, but they are based on
the computer's original operating system.  Can you tell us what OS you're
running on it?  In addition, we will need to know if you added a separate
sound card after buying the system.  If you did, we will need to know the
make/model of the newer sound card.

I am also wondering whether or not you have already installed any of the
other device drivers available at the site?  Some of them are rather
important and should not be overlooked.  If you're not sure what I'm talking
about, let me know and I'll explain further.          :O)

You should bookmark the page below for future reference.

http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/GTModels/5394/5394nv.shtml

If the link wraps (breaks), use the one below instead.
It will take you to the same exact page as the one above.

http://tinyurl.com/yqk6tu

*****************
From: "Paula" <biggmamma5@xxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- I need help again
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:28:41 -0400

Last Sunday my computer crashed.  We got 2 techs to come in & do a data
recovery for me.  Somehow we lost forever all my data beginning w/the letter
"P".  They couldn't retrieve it but did get most everything back.
Problem now is:  My sound card driver is missing & we cannot locate it anywhere
online to d/load.  My computer is a GT5012 we bought in 2005.  The seriel # is
CCT 5811005021.  The BIOS prefix is NT94510J.15A.0045.2005.0802.2004.  Can
someone send me the audio driver, please??  We have found many links(Gateway)
but cannot locate the proper driver.  Thanks in advance, Paula