-=PCTechTalk=- MS virtual machine

  • From: "L. Cruz" <lilcruz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 06:42:29 -0800

Hello!

Its been a while since I´ve been around... we moved house and where we are
now there is no broadband.  Dial up connections are so slow I have had to
put all my groups on hold.  But I do have a question I am hoping someone can
help with.

I have a HP Scanjet 3500c which I have not installed since I lived in
England (now I live in Brazil) in 2004, with Windows 2K.
I now have Win XP Pro on my machine, and cannot get the computer to
recognise the scanner.  First it asked for the MS VM (I had JavaSun Runtime
Environment) to complete installation, so I searched around for MSVM, found
the 2 needed, but although the scanner software installed correctly, the
computer still does not "find" the scanner.  I´ve tried everything the
Hewlett Packard website suggests but nothing seems to work... I think I will
have to try installing it on another computer...

But my question is:  can I have MS Virtual Machine and Sun Java Runtime
Environment running together on my computer?  I ask that because now I have
some programs complaining that I need Java Sun to run them... I haven´t had
MS VM since Win 98!

If anybody also has suggestions for my scanner problem, I´d love to hear
them :o))

Regards,

Lil