-=PCTechTalk=- Installing a second hard drive

  • From: "C.E. Cochran" <dylan63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 21:38:42 -0400

Hi everyone.  I have a computer here with a very hard small drive, so I want
to put another hard drive in it.  I don't want to lose anything that's on
the drive that is in it now, I just want to add the additional drive.  I'm
fairly sure that's possible - I have some questions I'm sure you will find
very simple but I really have no idea.  Do I just install the new drive as
slave, and how does the computer recognize it?  Do I install Windows 98 on
the new drive as well?  How do you make the computer run programs from both
drives?  I hope I'm making sense with these questions - I've never had a
computer with more than one hard drive in it so I'm totally clueless about
this.  Any advice anyone can give me regarding this will be greatly
appreciated.  I'm comfortable working inside the computer - I've installed
CD-ROMs, CD-RWs, memory, etc.  I just don't know about hard drives and how
the programs will run after you put them on more than one drive - thanks
everyone, Connie C.

--Somebody's boring me --
     I think it's me--
     Dylan Thomas