[pchelpers] Re: memory

  • From: "Nigel" <nigel.lemmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:38:03 +1200

Good answer - only it used to happen with Win 95 as well (but not as often).
It happens with all kinds of software, not just microsoft.  It seems to
happen to me very frequently when I am using CorelDraw and Protel while I
have Outlook Express running.  Corel seems to be quite bad in that it seems
to hog resources while it is still running.
I've not noticed it happening ever with Win XP at home though!!!   :-))

Nigel

> Anyone is here.
> The answer to the question you seek my dear is:
> You are running Windows 98 (hush Nigel:~ )
> After running some programs & then ending them, the resources they used
are
> not returned to be used by other programs.
> It is as if they are still running & you only have so much resource memory
> available to use, kiddo.
> So if the ended program doesn't leggo your resources & you start up a new
> program you will soon need to reboot to keep from crashing.
> Bill Gates did this on purpose so we would have to buy Windows 2000 & then
> listen to people telling us to go to Windows XP...
> So, as they say, "there you go">

---

PC-HELPERS list subscribe/unsub at http://pchelpers.5er.com?sig