[pchelpers] Re: max connections

  • From: PcCowboy <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:05:03 -0500

Scott McNay wrote:
> Hi PcCowboy,
>
> Friday, June 16, 2006, 8:25:52 PM, you wrote:
>
> P> What is the max number of connections that is allowed in xp home.
> P> I'm talking about network connections.
>
> 9 or 10, something in that area.
>
> Ghost connections will count towards the total; I found that out the
> hard way.
>
> One computer making multiple connections apparently counts towards the
> total, also.

Thanks

on another group someone is having problems with getting his 5 computers
talking to each other,
and someone brought up that home only allowed 5 connections and pro 10.
Wasn't sure what they were talking about.

Which brings up something about my computer network.
I have one computer connected to the Internet and all the others (3)
goes through it.
It connects by wireless. That is a wireless card in the computer with a
cable running
from it to an antenna on the roof. It is a line of sight system. There
is nothing between
my antenna and the tower. My strength is at 99% and quality is 98%.

Every once in a while I would look in the "My network Places" and I see
strange
workgroups and computer names. Almost all I cannot connect to, but there
is one or two
that I can look in their shared folder. Once I had 15 computers listed.

I was wondering where they were coming from. Are they all wireless, and
my antenna is
picking them up from the sides, or are they leaking through from the tower.
I wonder if they can see me and connect. My Internet computer has to be
logged onto
with a password. But the others doesn't, but I do have the Window
firewall and Zonealarm
running on them.

I was wondering if they were using up any of my resources, like the
connections I was asking about.

Pc