[pchelpers] Re: error message

  • From: "Jackie MacWhirter" <jmacwhirter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:40:35 -0500

Hi Rena: I am using IE9 browser   I had to copy and paste into the browser
the instructions are there when you try to click a link in an email in
Microsoft Outlook XP or Microsoft Outlook 2003, you get the following error:
 This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer. Please contact your system administrator.
 Instead you may want to try to simply set Internet Explorer as the default
web browser.
 1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools > Internet Options.
 2. Click the Programs tab.
3. Click the Make Default button.
 4. Click OK.
 Now see if you can click the links in email. You may have to restart
Outlook or Internet Explorer for this to work.