[pchelpers] Re: White Screen Locks up on Boot Up

  • From: "Cyril Halbach" <kr3y@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:07:51 -0500

    Thanks Scott, the cpu fan did not seem to be a problem.
    Thanks John, could not get the scanreg to work. There was a file on the
system called scanregw.exe but the message said it would only run in Windows
which I could not get up.  I brought the computer home, with stick in a
second drive and back up all the folders etc. save the .reg files if there
is any out there and restore the system. Put the other stuff back and see if
I can connect it up. Probably need to save and copy back the
c:\windows\*.ini files also as well as the .lnk files.
    There definitely were corrupt files, scandisk was showing multiple crazy
file names and smashed directories.  Not sure yet about a virus.

     Cy