[pchelpers] Re: Restore Points

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gerald Gollinger <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 18:29:13 -0500

Hi Gerald,

Wednesday, June 7, 2006, 10:45:26 AM, you wrote:

GG> One problem is I had to switch USB cables from my Hauppauge PC
GG> tuner and the system wanted to reinstall the software. Hauppauge
GG> sets up restore points to save data to the Windows directory to
GG> save installation time. However, I feel the saved data is

No, the restore points are just backups. They save installation time
only in the sense that a restore is quite a bit faster than
reinstalling the system from scratch. :)

If one restore point does not do what you want, try an earlier one.

GG> Is there any way of deleting these restore points so
GG> the program cannot access them?

The restore points are only used when you manually run the System
Restore program and restore to one of the saved settings.

Restore points are deleted automatically by the system when the
allocated space is reached.  You don't need to do anything about them.

--
Scott.