[pchelpers] Restore Points

  • From: Gerald Gollinger <gerald3nyc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 08:45:26 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying for a more sensible way to restore my
Windows XP Home than a factory restore which formats
the c drive.
It would be best to go into various problems in
separate email.

One problem is I had to switch USB cables from my
Hauppauge PC tuner and the system wanted to reinstall
the software.  Hauppauge sets up restore points to
save data to the Windows directory to save
installation time.  However, I feel the saved data is
incorrect.  I had the problem on June 6th.  I tried a
system restore for June 5th but Windows could not do
it. There are close to a dozen restore points for June
6th where the software did not properly install.

Is there any way of deleting these restore points so
the program cannot access them?

Gerald

http://mail.yahoo.com