[pchelpers] Re: Printer cartridge

  • From: "Nigel Hunter" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:48:02 +0100

Hi Sueshine
Over here the place I go to have there own ink-filling machine so they are
able, as long as the cartridges are not clogged up through not being used
for a while, to fill up any cartridge that is presented to them including I
think chipped ones. But as you said it is worth looking at the running costs
of a printer rather than the price as most manufacturers, if not all, make
their profit from selling the cartridges. I have bought a Canon i560
recently and absolutely love it. This particular printer uses 4 cartridges
and the cost of each cartridge from the shop I mentioned earlier is just £4
each. Im using this printer as an example only to illustrate that it may be
more COST EFFECTIVE if you buy a printer that uses 4 or more cartridges and
that the price of each is economical through only having to replace each one
once ALL the ink has been used in each one to get the maximum value from
them.

Hope this helps

Nigel