[pchelpers] Re: Outlook Express Back-up

  • From: "Robert McLellan" <bobmclellan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 06:56:06 -0500

The folder that you want is hidden away and where it is depends on which OS
you are running.  If you are using XP you will find it  under  "Document &
settings\"your name"\local settings\application data\identities\"big long
number"\outlook express"  Save that folder. (Make sure you have "Show all
Files turned on".   Then when you get your new computer you go to Outlook
Express and click on file  -  Import --  messages  --  go to second dot
"Import from store directory" --- Chose which ever version of outlook you
were using, usually 4 or 6  ---  browse to where you have saved the folder
you copied and bingo there are all your messages.  We do it all the time for
our customers when we build them a new computer.  What ever OS you are using
you will find it under the 'Local Settings" folder.  In some Windows that is
under the 'Windows' folder.

Bob McLellan