[pchelpers] Re: Outlook Express Back-up

  • From: "Cy Halbach" <kr3y@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 22:10:06 -0400

Shirley take a look in the help on OE  and use index for backup.  Here is
what it suggests

To compact and back up e-mail folders

1. Select an e-mail folder.
2. On the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Compact.
3. To back up the folder, find the folder file, and then copy it to a backup
folder, floppy disk, or network drive. Outlook Express e-mail folders have a
.dbx extension (for example, "Sent Items.dbx").
 Notes

Some message files might be too large to back up onto a floppy disk.
If you are using a program other than Outlook Express to send e-mail
messages to newsgroups, check your e-mail program's documentation for
information about compacting and deleting e-mail folders.