[pchelpers] Re: News: Trend Micro Gives Away Windows Vista Security Pack

  • From: "Jacqueline MacWhirter" <jmacwhirter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 15:43:37 -0400

I am testing several versions of Vista -- I have not found any of these
antivirus' compatible with Vista in these early builds yet-- without doing
some disabling some of the features -- and still it will crash your system
caused BSOD and crash dumps, disabling major functions of the Operating
System.
. Don't kid yourself -- You need to be quite aware that   it is still very
early in the beta state yet so many things that work in XP -- do not work in
Vista--  dismantling your other hard drives  in the bios and motherboard is
a smart thing because Vista has been known to rewrite the boot files- blow
the boot menu and the ntlr...knock out your other Os's   Avast is about the
only one that had worked in the early part of the beta.  Vista  drastically
has changed its extremely fast but is a long way yet before it can go RTM .
There are some that have not been able to install Vista on their machines
yet including hardware, software.  Etrust etc works well in XP-- these
antivirus companies offered below are monitoring what will work in Vista and
what does not and continue to  make  adjustments. Testing different makes of
computers, hardware, drivers wireless, networking, and software in the long
run  tells Microsoft how they can make the needed changes. It makes the
manufacturers scrambling to put new drivers on their sites to make their
hardware operate better and workable in Vista. --So choose wisely. Many
ISP's are offering virus and spyware protection  that's already been fully
tested- free along with their subscription.
Jackie