[pchelpers] Re: News: Trend Micro Gives Away Windows Vista Security Pack

  • From: "kathleen lacey" <jklace5ster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:01:46 -0700

Thanks Everyone for your posts. My PC crashed June 6.
Jackie wrote this above on June 4th
" have not found any of these
antivirus' compatible with Vista in these early builds yet-- and still it
will crash your system
caused BSOD and crash dumps, disabling major functions of the Operating
System.
. Don't kid yourself -- You need to be quite aware that   it is still very
early in the beta state yet so many things that work in XP -- do not work in
Vista--  dismantling your other hard drives  in the bios and motherboard is
a smart thing because Vista has been known to rewrite the boot files- blow
the boot menu and the ntlr...knock out your other Os's  "
I think this is what happened to me because i am stupid with computers .
 I think i downloaded the wrong thing, because before i did it everything
was working fine, then i had so much trouble and i had to take it to Data
Drs.
They said hard drive and bios had crashed , motherboard error kept coming up
with a black screen with white letters and red letters on the top.

I had to get recovery cds from HP , there were 10. Data Drs said my pc is
unique, has 4 huge storage sections. All the disks were stuff that came
loaded on it. It is for downloading much movies. I do not even do that. My
husband bought it for me from Sam's Club in 2004.

Well I live and learn. I hope I am like the Bro in the Feb. 2006 Awake,
quote from pg. 6,

"Ernest, one of JW's who is a retired master baker from Switzerland, is an
example of the benefit of 'continued growth through learning'. In his 70's
he decided to buy a computer and learn how to use it. Why did he decide to
do so, when many his age are intimidated by technology? "First," he
explained ,"to keep my mind active as I get older. And second, to keep up
with technology that can help me in my bible research and my activity in the
Christian congregation."

kathleen