[pchelpers] Re: MP3 Posting Amendment!!

  • From: "Deb Pfingsten" <debpf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:13:16 -0500

Well, I'm not having success with my efforts. (Using Nero to read the files
for burning.) Am I missing

If MP3's can be played on a regular CD player, then why are there CD/MP3
players sold (I'm talking about personal players.)
So far I haven't found a regular CD player that WILL play MP3's ... so this
is how I test whether the CD I've burned can be heard by others who do not
have an MP3 player.
Me thinks there is more to the mystery than I can comprehend at this time.
Evidently UK is way ahead of what's offered to us little folks on the buying
end in the U.S.
I have a "subscription" to a couple magazines. I switched my subscription
from cassette to CD/MP3 after purchasing a player compatible with that.

My husband used an MP3 recorder. When downloading to his computer, the
program automatically put them in as wav files. HUGE. So then we used a free
trial of something to convert them to something smaller that would fit on a
CD. It's been a real headache.

NOW someone else has requested to listen to the CDs. Because they are in MP3
format their CD player will not produce any talking.

I'm tired. Isn't there an easy way through all this?

Deb Pf