[pchelpers] Re: Is this for real??????????????

  • From: "Ed West" <edwest@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:40:59 -0400

Inge & any who wish may go to this page http://www.thebookguy.com/Virus.htm
of my web site & see the latest hoax viruses & real ones to be careful of.
It is kept current by Sophos Anti-Virus.
Any time you receive an unsolicited email about a virus or anything be
careful.
Also know that most anti-virus systems as the email mentions do stay current
on the real & hoax viruses.
Ed West

"From: "Inge" <inge@xxxxxxxxx>
> Good morning all you computer experts,
> The note below was in my inbox this morning and before I do anything I =
> would
> like to ask you whether this is for real. I found two of the teddy bear =
> exe
> files on my hard drives. Should I delete them?
> Everyone, I am so sorry, but I was infected by the Bugbear virus which
> is not picked up by Anti-virus systems. It sends itself to
> everyone in your address book and because I've been infected it's very
> likely that you will have been too. We did find this virus in our
> computer and removed it following these simple instructions. The virus
> (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee
> Anti-virus systems.

---