[pchelpers] Re: Format Large Hard Drive w/ FAT32

  • From: "Nigel Hunter" <nigel.hunter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:40:06 +0100

Just thought I would put in a little input here. It is true that with a
win98 bootdisk drives over 64gig cannot be fdisk'd with the fdisk that is on
the original BUT there is an updated version of fdisk that DOES handle
drives over 64gig.

You can find it here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q263044

This fdisk applies to win95 win98 and win98se :)

From: "Robert McLellan" <bobmclellan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Susan,
>      By now I suspect you know that you can format a large drive with
FAT32
> so the question is what are you using to try to do it with?  The format
> command that comes with Win95 can't do it and if you put it in an older
> computer who's motherboard doesn't support large drives you won't be able
> do it.  But if you have a new machine and Win98 or Me boot floppies you
can
> do it.
>
> Bob McLellan

---